Friday morning I headed to the Women of Faith conf. with alot of amazing women from church. I have never experienced such amazing love for God, it was wonderful and to share that with over 12,000 women in one place was a true blessing. The speakers were funny, sad and hit the nail on the head so many times. The music by Natalie Grant and Mary, Mary was amazing.
Shelia Walsh is one of the funniest people I have ever heard, but it was a funny but not always a haha funny but an oh yeah I know that kinda of funny. She also put life into perspective for me and opened my eyes wider than they ever have been with a story about her son and playing hoops on Tuesday. It was about making the right choices. I realized I wasn't doing that, I was putting things and stuff before God and my family. I am so sorry to my family and I am making that change.
Also at the conf. we adopted a child from Brazil through World Vision. I can't wait to write her and her mom and get my first letter back from them, trust me I will be sharing that experience.
The first night, I go to know my room-mates alot more and I feel truely blessed to have such amazing women and friends in my life. I love seeing how much these three ladies love God, and how they put the right things in order in their lives. But they are human and have ups and downs in their lives. But it's how they get through it all that made me think and dig deeper into my life.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Women Of Faith- Dallas
Posted by SimmonsFamily99 at 12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
LOVE this post! I've sent around the office, great photos and love your recap. So glad you cold join us Jenna!
Also congrats on your new adoption. Thank you for changing a life.
Post a Comment