This is a busy week, trying to get everything done before Matheus leaves. Trying to visit with everyone before Monday. It's been an truely emotional week at least for me.. Tuesday he went out with Lydia for dinner at Texas De Brazil and they enjoyed there time together. Then yesterday I took him and Charlie to meet Craig and head to the mall to get last minute gifts for family. And we stopped and had BBQ together as a family. The boys keep making me laugh, they are nuts. I really cherish those little moments together. Today we are running some more errands, and then he is heading to SpeedZone with his friends tonight. Tomorrow, he is going to go and play some poker with some more friends "Guy Time". Saturday while Alison and I are at women's bible study and the boys are heading to "Deleay Plaza" to see the JFK and 6th floor Museum. Afterwards we are meeting to go to Mat's and then Lydia's graduation party. Sunday we have church and then meeting my dad and stepmom at Texas De Brazil for lunch. THen some more get togethers on Sunday evening. And then the dreaded Monday. We start our day with church camp, and then to pack up the car, and head to our last meal together at Rainforest Cafe before heading to the airport. Not sure I am ready for this at all. I thought when we signed up to be an exchange parent we would be changing their lives, but it worked the other way, he changed our lives. It helps knowing that this isn't goodbye, just a see you next year. But man it's going to still be very hard. Thank you Miguel and Lilian for sharing your son with us. I feel that I will always have a bond with you all as well as Matheus.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment